You may know me as Tyriel, author of “The Book of Rune Secrets”, but in every day life, I am simply James. I come to you today seeking support and patronage to bring my recent work on the runes to fruition, using Patreon, at http://patreon.com/jscrawley.
I have been a quiet observer of the Rune Secrets Community a few years now, and engaged in an overwhelming amount of personal correspondence from those interested in the runes, hailing from all over the world. It has sometimes been a challenge to know what to do next, things have gotten so big.
You have been a part of this journey. You have at some point heard the runes call to you, just as I have. You feel how deep they go. The time has come for you and I to gather our courage and go further.
My task is to produce the greatest work of my life to date, in the form of a new book entitled “Questioning the Runes” and a 24-track album, “Rune Songs for the 21st Century”. I do this for my love of rune wisdom, and for you, who have long been on a similar path.
There is a huge gap in the resources available for today’s rune practitioners. The previous generation has written at length on ritual, history, tradition and beliefs, on Norse myth, or Asatru and Heathen ideas. The runes have been popularized in book stores by Ralph Blum. And yet, I always felt there was a void, a blind spot. Something that wasn’t being explained! I think you have felt it too.
We want to produce observable results with the runes. The world has radically changed since the time the runes were first carved, nearly two thousand years ago. I believe they have also evolved with the times, fresh and relevant to our unique challenges in the 21st Century. In many cases, we simply need to use the runes to learn how to ask better questions.
We also know better that there is a dark side, a shadow, an unconscious element at work in spirituality, magic and psychology. The positivity of the New Age wears thin. I have finally gathered the courage to venture into exploring the murkstaves, the negative aspects or hidden and uncomfortable truths of the runes. I have increased my understanding of Jungian psychoanalysis, evolutionary psychology, and social power dynamics. All of this has formed an incredible rune system for me. I absolutely must share these ideas with you, because they are important to all of our lives, and our understanding of the world at large.
Writing this new book & composing music for each rune’s specific energy will take a huge amount of my time and I need your support in the form of patronage. Rather than try a kickstarter, I want to invite you into my personal creative life long-term, not as only ‘Tyriel’, but more humbly as James, using http://patreon.com/jscrawley.
There are some great benefits of working like this:
- Spiritual studies are very personal for both you and I. Patronage is a much more personal relationship.
- I do not wish to ‘take over’ the space I have created for others by using the Rune Secrets Study Community a platform for unfinished work. It’s too important that others speak there.
- By founding patronage on the principles of Fehu, Gebo and Othala, I tie the financing of this work and the runes together, in practice rather than theory. It is a symbol of the seriousness of this task.
- Patronage helps me identify who amongst the community truly desires to invest themselves in helping me bring an important work into the world of rune studies.
Perhaps greatest of all:
- The work has early feedback from you. As you learn and ask questions, I am able to write a better book and provide greater resources, customized to your needs. As you comment on my music, I am able to refine my style to suit the ears of an audience I care so much for.
With your patronage and support, I can dedicate the next part of my life’s journey to the overwhelming task of writing “Questioning the Runes” and composing “Rune Songs for the 21st Century”. The challenge is both financial and community-oriented. I cannot do this in a bubble, alone. I need you.
Help me provide you one of the most powerful and useful rune resources available. I welcome you, Patron, and look forward to growing closer to one another in our explorations of the mysteries and secrets of these fresh rune teachings.
Learn more and become a patron at http://patreon.com/jscrawley — I cannot thank you enough for your part in this, though I will certainly do my best to make the experience rewarding!
Known as Tyriel