“Every beginning has within it the seeds of its own end.”
Fehu – “Fay-Who” – Literally: “Cattle” – Esoteric: Mobile Property, New Beginnings, Wealth
Key Concepts: Wealth, money, food, sustenance, Hamingja, luck, personal power, circulation of power, financial strength, prosperity
Psi: Beginner’s Mind, presence, freedom, first impressions, young love
Energy: mobility, luck, charisma, dynamic power, liquid and mobile transferable energies, abundance, circulation, ‘mana’, sexual attraction
Mundane: money, recent purchases, reputation, freshness, fashionability
Divinations: New beginnings, social success, foresight, energy, travel, money, control; or greed, failure, atrophy, poverty, endings.
- Delegating your energy to another, power transference or projection; the sending rune
- Drawing gravity into the personal sphere
- Promotion of personal and social evolution, changing circumstances of importance
- Increase in personal monetary wealth
- Beginner’s mind and presence as a tool for consciously creating a fresh start
Fehu is actually the rune of ‘luck’. The universe is not so much made up by chance, as by luck. Luck is a hidden but real energy field inherent in your ‘hamingja’. Fehu governs the capacity to hold this luck and use it like a magical ability. This basic energy, your accumulated luck, is the foundation of the wealth and power in your life. Courageous deeds are central to increasing one’s ‘luck’.
Circulation of power, wealth and the mobility of all things is a key aspect to Fehu. These are associated with new beginnings, but keep in mind that there are no true new beginnings or endings, only the conscious marks of transformation. This can be most effectively understood while studying the runes as a cycle in and of itself (visually, a circle). The use of this principle leads to beginner’s mind and to presence as a tool for consciously creating a fresh start.
Indeed, money will work for you best under the guidance of the energies implicit in Fehu. Yet money is only a mundane and simplistic representation of Fehu’s nature. It’s best to think of wealth as food, water, shelter, clothing, sustenance and mobile assets, rather than needless luxury.
In starting new endeavors, Fehu will activate the will, restore self-confidence and assist in goal-setting followed by immediate action. Use the symbol and its teachings against procrastination. It is a reminder to think for yourself, which is fundamental to working with the runes. I find that the vibration of this rune to be in alignment with the principles of sexual attraction, first impressions and young love. Fehu is a reminder for us to act out of the present moment.
The conscious use of money for right ends is the domain of Fehu. In society today it is important that we explore new definitions of wealth and come to a realization of what is truly valuable. Wealth is a creative process in every sense of the word, not a static and measurable mass. I encourage the exploration of this idea right away.
- Miriam on Hagalaz – Rune Meaning
- Miriam on Inguz – Rune Meaning
- Miriam on Do You Have Any Deep, Unanswered Questions?
- Miriam on About
- Lex Wolf on Perthro – Rune Meaning
- Miriam on Wunjo – Rune Meaning
- Wesley on Sowilo – Rune Meaning
- matthew knoedelseder on Community, Comments & Contact
- Eachna on Community, Comments & Contact
- Mystic Sister on Hagalaz – Rune Meaning
- Will on Ihwaz or Eihwaz – Rune Meaning
- Simona on Gebo – Rune Meaning
- Simona on Hagalaz – Rune Meaning
- Will on Hagalaz – Rune Meaning
- Jocelyn on Gebo – Rune Meaning